Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
This is a great recipe to make on a cold rainy day.
Throw it all in the crockpot and let it cook!
- 1 lb. green lentils
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 quarts vegetable broth
- 14 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- Put all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low 10-12 hours.
- After 10 hours check to see if soup has thickened and lentils are soft.
- Enjoy!!! I served mine with a dollop of sour cream and tortilla chips!!!
- TIME SAVER: Purchase pre cut onions, celery and carrots at your local grocery store
- Make an extra large batch and freeze some so you have healthy home made meals that you have at the tip of your hands.