Monday, March 28, 2016
4:29 AM clean eating pulled chicken, pulled chicken, slow cooker chicken, slow cooker pulled chicken No comments
This recipe is one of my favorites! If you LOOOOVE pulled chicken this recipe is going to become a staple in your house. While I was making the sauce I thought - ehhhh not so sure about this. But after I came home to a house filled with a delicious smell I knew it has to be a home run. IT SURE WAS! We all loved it! I have made it a second time and cut the brown sugar down and still loved it. See a trend? I LOVE SLOW COOKER meals! Summer, Winter, Spring or Fall that bad boy is my BFF! Enjoy this delicious recipe.
Ingredients:4 chicken breasts
1 small can, no salt added tomato sauce
3/4 cup clean ketchup
3 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp garlic powder
optional red pepper flakes, to taste
Directions:1. Place all ingredients, except chicken, in the slow cooker.
2. Stir until mixed.
3. Add chicken and coat well with the sauce.
4. Cover and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours or Low for 7 to 8 hours, until chicken is cooked fully. (I prefer Low)
5. Remove all chicken or while still in slow cooker, shred each piece with two forks.
6. After shredding mix well with the sauce in the slow cooker.
1. Enjoy with whole wheat bread of your choice.
2. Also yummy as left overs and in quesadillas.
3. Also feeds a crowd or leftovers can be frozen to enjoy another time!
4. Perfect for Sunday Football too! Everyone will love it.
5. To cut some calories and sugar don't use all the brown sugar. The first time I made it I made it EXACT but now that I know I loved that I know I can cut some sugar down! :)
Saturday, March 26, 2016
8:27 PM clean eating thai food, slow cooker thai food, slow cooker thai peanut chicken, thai peanut chicken No comments
- 2 lbs Chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, fresh
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, ground
- 2 tbsp Green onions, thin
- 1/3 cup Peanuts, lightly salted
- 1 14-ounce can Coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 3/4 cup Peanut butter, creamy
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce, low-sodium
Baking & Spices
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Oils & Vinegars
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
Friday, March 11, 2016
7:55 AM Anxiety, Challenge Groups, melanie eynon, PiYo, Postpartum Depression, PPD, Scared, t25, Take Control No comments
I have to be HONEST with YOU?
I know I look happy in this before picture but can I assure you I was at the lowest point of my life? My Postpartum depression had reached its peak in this picture. I looked happy but I felt like I was dying on the inside. I felt empty. I felt lost. I felt like someone else. I was SCARED. I didn't know what was going on.
When I finally figured out what was going on I realized I was having a lot of anxiety and wanted to control everything. Well guess what? We can't! It's impossible for us to control everything in our lives. I had to learn to let go of some things, learn how to deal with some things and put my big girl panties on!
If by sharing my story I can help one person... yes just one person then I have done my job! I want other moms who suffer from PPD or people who are going through a tough time to know there are options! I luckily was able to get off my anxiety medication and live a life that I only could have dreamed of.
The picture above was taken in December 2013. In April of 2014 I made a decision I had to change. I had to feel better, look better and know that I am one AMAZING lady. So I did just that! My first challenge with Beachbody was T25. I didn’t have Shakeology. I didn’t meal plan and well quite frankly it took me A LONG TIME to get results. I got frustrated but NEVER gave up. I finally decided to buy a challenge pack and give this crazy Shakeology a TRY. I thought well what the heck I can return it for my money back if I don’t like it. No risk then right? So I went all in!
I pushed play with PiYo (mix of pilates and yoga) I ate clean and started that crazy Shakeology stuff! Low and behold I felt MORE energized than EVER before. I was SLEEPING BETTER. I felt like I could tackle the world. I was ready to move forward and really get my health under control. As most of you know that lead to me not having to take cholesterol and anxiety medication. So I totally felt like I had took charge of my health. I felt GREAT! The strongest and most in shape I had ever been!
This was the first time in my life that something had worked for me. I fell off the diet and exercise wagon a million times. Those were awful times and feelings. But I am thankful for those setbacks. I am thankful for those times of failure because they brought me to Beachbody. They brought me these amazing challenge groups.
Fast forward to today. I am on week 5 of an intense workout program called Hammer and Chisel. I am pushing play and feeling stronger EVERY single DAY!
That money spent on T25 and that awesome PiYo challenge pack is the best money I have EVER spent. It got me to where I am today. I have since then completed many other awesome programs like 21 Day Fix, Body Beast and now the amazing Hammer and Chisel! My body is getting stronger every day. I am doing moves and workouts I NEVER would have done. Let alone even thought about doing several years ago!
I am looking for 5 people who want to take charge of their health. Who are READY to change. Who want to take their health into their own hands and CRUSH GOALS! I would love to chat with you, one skeptic to another, about how these little programs have CHANGED my life and how they can change YOURS too. Life is too short to feel miserable and out of control! So take charge today. I will help you take it in baby steps and get yourself back on track. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE! We have a money back guarantee!
Thursday, March 10, 2016
8:05 PM chowder, clean eating big shrimp basil soup, clean eating soup, shrimp soup, soup No comments
· 2 tbsps butter
· 2 stalks celery (finely chopped, 1 cup)
· 1 purple onion (large, chopped, 1 cup)
· 1/2 sweet pepper (green, finely chopped, 1/2 cup)
· 2 tbsps all-purpose flour
· 2 cups water
· 16 ozs clam juice
· 2 tsps old bay seasoning
· 1 tsp dried basil (crushed)
· 11/2 lbs large shrimp (in peeled with tails on)
· 12 ozs frozen whole kernel corn
· 2 tbsps capers
· 8 ozs mascarpone
Fresh Basil Leaves (optional)
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and sweet pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour until coated. Add water, clam juice, seasoning, and basil. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Stir in shrimp, corn, and capers. Cook for 2 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are bright pink. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Top with fresh basil, if desired.
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
7:37 AM 22 minute hard corps, 22 minute workout, beachbody, bootcamp, bootcamp workout, tony horton 3 comments