This amazing quick and clean chicken minestrone soup will be one your entire family will love. As you can see per my picture I used what I had on hand which was frozen peas (not sugar snap peas). Don't go crazy buying all new ingredients. Use what you have!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrots
- 1 cup diagonally sliced sugar snap peas (or frozen peas)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomato (or you can used diced canned tomatoes no salt added)
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. unsalted tomato paste
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock (I buy the Trader Joes brand)
- 1 cup water
- 5/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 6 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast (about 1 1/2 cups cut into cubes or shredded)
- 5 oz. uncooked alphabet or ditalini pasta (about 1 cup)
- Heat a large pot over medium high. Add oil, onion, carrot, peas, tomatoes, garlic, tomato sauce, chicken stock, water, salt and bring to a boil. Cook until veggies are tender (about 30 minutes).
- Add chicken and cook about 5 minutes or until chicken is done
- Add in pasta. Cook for about 3 minutes or until pasta is done
- Don't feel the need to buy every ingredient on this list. I used diced canned no salt added tomatoes and frozen peas. Rather then spending more money on other ingredients.
- Have your kiddos help you! My son LOVED making this soup. He loved mixing everything in and loved the alphabets at the end.
- Double or triple the recipe and freeze some for left overs on a cold day!